Frozen Chocolate Banana Paleo Treats
Apr 25, 2016 | Sarah LanphierPin This Post
The sunshine has returned! Spring is here and summer is just around the corner. Pools are about to open and beach trips are planned.
Enjoying a frozen dessert on a hot day doesn’t have to be unhealthy. By replacing traditional sugary treats with fruits, nuts and seeds, you can create the same frozen indulgence without the added sugar.
This easy recipe using our Banana Maple Snacks is a perfect treat packed with energy dense ingredients that will keep you full and cool on any sunny day:
Makes 6 Servings
2 ripe medium bananas
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Banana Maple Snacks
2oz organic 70% or more dark chocolate
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate 30 seconds at a time until it is smooth and creamy.
- Toss in the snacks and completely coat with chocolate.
- Press 1 TBS of the mixture into a standard muffin tin and freeze.
- In a blender, blend the banana, almond milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Fill each prepared muffin tin to the top with the banana mixture.
- Freeze until solid. Pop out each one and enjoy!