Paleo pumpkin bread with a festive red walnut & pepita crumble
Dec 18, 2014 | Sarah LanphierPin This Post
15 oz. can organic pumpkin puree
⅓ cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 TBS pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2/3 cup coconut flour*
Topping: ¼ cup each chopped red walnuts and pumpkin seeds + ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice tossed together in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat all of the ingredients but the coconut flour and topping in a medium bowl or stand mixer for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy. Add in the coconut flour and beat for another minute.
- Pour into a lightly greased bread pan or small cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Take the bread out of the oven and add the topping. Bake for another 15-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean in the center.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing to prevent it from breaking apart. I found it easiest to refrigerate overnight before slicing, but not necessary.
Adapted from: http://villagegreennetwork.com/paleo-banana-bread/
*This ingredient is essential to making the bread, bread-like. It cannot be substituted with another Paleo approved flour. However, if you are not concerned about keeping the recipe Paleo, I found that garbanzo bean (chick pea) flour works really well as another gluten free option.